Lead Backend/Blockchain Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company, bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture through its mission to own the “virtual identity layer.” The company has set the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars as virtual beings in society through its consumer-first future vision coined “Decentralized Disney of the metaverse.” Genies provides consumers and celebrities with the tools to create high-quality avatars, enabling anyone to own their digital identity and express themselves across metaverses. The technology features an avatar wearables/skins marketplace built with Dapper Labs, API integrations, and a consumer app. Investors include Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, CAA, and Tull Investment Group. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and individually with thousands of celebrities like Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin.
Genies is looking for a Lead Backend/Blockchain Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, the ideal candidate will drive the development of our backend services and secure smart contract protocols for our web-based NFT marketplace and platform. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this Lead Engineer will play an integral role in standardizing Genies crypto protocols by designing and defining interfaces. You will work hand in hand with leadership and product to define crypto strategies and roadmaps, and drive critical decisions regarding architecture. You’ll be responsible for leading and mentoring team members on our backend services and smart contracts. You’ll help identify and define key infrastructure decisions, and the development of our backend services and infrastructure.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead and define Genies smart contract protocols
- Architect and build smart contract protocols and backend services
- Develop backend microservices and systems supporting mobile and web applications
- Mentor and lead a growing blockchain and backend engineering team
- Automate, test, and deploy well-designed infrastructure, code, and services at scale
- Identify and define key infrastructure investments, strategies, and development
- Profile and optimize for load, latency, reliability, availability, fault tolerance
- Apply best practices in all aspects of web application development including security, testability, release management, live ops
- Collaborate with product and engineering to gather requirements and refine backlog
- Collaborate with team members on architectural designs and code reviews
What You Should Have:
- Passion for Blockchain technologies and NFTs
- A Bachelor and/or MS degrees in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- 2+ years of experience building and releasing production grade smart contracts to complex smart contract systems
- Deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine or how other popular public blockchain works (e.g. Flow, Solana)
- Knowledge of security best practices regarding the blockchain and cloud architecture
- Development experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with CI/CD, infrastructure as code
- Interest and passion for building secure, durable, robust and scalable infrastructure
- Adaptability, analytical thinking, patience, pragmatism, diligence, and thoughtfulness
- Hands-on coding experience and abilities with technologies and languages like Python, Java Script, and/or Golang
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.