Principal Engineer / Lead (Core Protocol)
We're looking for a Senior/Staff level engineer to lead the architecture and development of high performance, efficient, and secure network protocol and messaging engineering for the Flow blockchain. As a core member of the Protocol team building the Flow blockchain, you will drive the evolution of our networking scalability story to its 1 billion user target. Specific areas of responsibility include inter-node networking and messaging software engineering, transport protocols, networking roadmap, performance and scalability, and networking interfaces
What we'll accomplish together:
- Develop scalable, custom networking solutions for reliable, low-latency message transmission over unreliable connections
- Spearhead the product vision for networking and messaging for Flow, contribute to network behavior and performance analyses, troubleshooting and optimization
- Participate in the building of network protocol simulation tools to realize automatic testing and trouble-shooting of the Flow blockchain networking system
- Establish the vision and roadmap for how we will scale Flow at the networking layer to achieve future objectives
Our ideal candidate:
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience developing commercial networking software and/or hardware products
- You have an excellent conceptual understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, IPSec, TLS, threat models, and related networking technologies.
- You have a strong software design and development skills including; C, C++, GoLang, Python, Rust, nodejs programming language experience
- You possess the ability to determine the appropriate compromise between competing factors such as performance, efficiency, ease of use and security
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flow is a new blockchain built for the next generation of apps, games, and the digital assets that power them.