Lead R&D Graphics Engineer
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond (Mary Meeker), Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber and many more.
Genies is looking for a Lead R&D Graphics Engineer. The ideal candidate will combine a passion for expressive avatars with the technical ability to design and implement novel geometric techniques. The role will be highly focused on developing procedural tools for character generation. Production knowledge of games or VFX and a background developing machine learning algorithms are desired to help create the next generation of digital identity.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Prototype, build, and debug research-guided tools for character generation, geometric correspondence and deformation transfer
- Architect clean, extensible software and systems with open standards and portability
- Optimize data and algorithms for speed, memory, storage, and latency
- Disseminate knowledge of machine learning principles to internal developers
What You Should Have:
- Expert understanding of linear algebra and statistical shape analysis (ICP, PCA)
- Highly organized with a strong ability to take initiative and work collaboratively
- Strong programming experience with C++ & C#, including object-oriented design
- Experience with machine learning pipelines and deep networks (VAEs, GANs)
- Experience with 3rd party libraries, frameworks, and APIs (openCL, CUDA, Vulcan)
- Familiarity with anatomy, biometrics, photogrammetry, pose detection, FACS, animation solvers and external geometry databases (CAESAR, FAUST)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience designing and integrating custom plugins for 3D applications
- 4+ years experience with character deformations, and animation control rigs
- 2+ years experience creating machine learning models to synthesize geometry
- Experience working with Unity, Unreal, and DCCs (Maya) in a production environment
- Familiarity with body & facial motion capture workflows
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.