Senior Product Delivery Manager (Scrum Master)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum, and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond (Mary Meeker), Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures, and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber, and many more.
Genies is looking for a Senior Product Delivery Manager (Scrum Master) to join our team. Help us grow the best Product and Engineering team in the world and create a world-class avatar and NFT marketplace. We’re a team of avatar technologists, engineers, artists, animators, riggers, designers, and more dedicated to building culture’s go-to digital identity in the metaverse. We are looking to hire our first Scrum Master who is excited about building and instilling an Agile and Scrum culture within our organization and teams. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Agile, possesses an Agile mindset, and is interested in helping to bring transformative change. You are the most expert of jugglers, able to keep your engineers executing efficiently today while making sure that you’re looking ahead to tomorrow, next week, and next quarter. You are passionate about process, a wizard in Jira, and a master of all things burndown-chart. You understand Agile, live and breathe it, and are able to help others understand the benefits and value of using it. You keep your sights on delivery commitments and coach your teams to do the same.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams — own and facilitate their Agile ceremonies using best practices and flexibility to suit their way of working, while coaxing them toward greater efficiency
- Be a technical thought-leader, constantly improving how we work, by supporting the Product team to roll out cross-engineering initiatives such as consolidation and standardization of our project methodology
- Work with product and the business to prioritize and deliver on schedule, plus release planning, through backlog grooming and planning sessions
- Own the ticketing system for your teams, driving process, and transparency through Scrum or Kanban where appropriate, facilitating all ceremonies including standups, planning, and retrospectives.
- Communicate with the business around progress and delivery, the good, bad, and the ugly through meaningful metrics and status reports
- Be the change agent as we strengthen our Agile and Scrum principles, frameworks, and methodologies across the organization
What You Should Have:
- Minimum of 5+ years of Scrum Master experience with demonstrated success in Agile transformation within a company or organization.
- Understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban) including the ceremonies of backlog grooming, standups, sprint planning, retrospective.
- Strong background in implementing processes around the full lifecycle of software development
- Experience in data analytics, resource planning, portfolio management
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
Nice to Have:
- Industry Certification: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Experience as an Engineer or QA
- Experience with blockchain, token economics, and media
- Startup experience with an understanding of how to excel in ambiguity
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full-time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open environment, and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.