Senior Manager of Accounting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum, and Jake Adams Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company, bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture through its mission to own the “virtual being identity layer.” The company has set the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars as virtual beings in society through its consumer-first future vision coined “Decentralized Disney of the metaverse.” Genies provides consumers and celebrities with the tools to create high-quality avatars, enabling anyone to own their digital identity and express themselves across metaverses. The technology features an avatar wearables/skins marketplace built with Dapper Labs, API integrations, and a consumer app. Investors include Bond (Mary Meeker), NEA (Rick Yang), Breyer Capital, CAA, and Tull Investment Group. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Warner Music Group, NFLPA, MLBPI, NBPA, and individually with thousands of celebrities like Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, Rihanna, Migos, Cardi B, J Balvin, and many more.
Genies is looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Accounting to lead our accounting team. Reporting to the VP of Finance, this position will be a key member of the Finance and Accounting leadership team and will help build out the accounting function for Genies. This role will be hands-on with an emphasis on hiring and managing a high performing accounting team from the ground up. The key responsibilities will be centered around developing internal accounting and audit processes to set the foundations for the Finance and Accounting org to scale with the fast paced growth that we are witnessing at Genies.
The ideal candidate is someone who will work independently, drive projects from concept to completion, communicate effectively across teams, and enjoy collaborating with people with diverse skills; all while operating in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Build out the accounting team from the ground up - including technical accounting, AR/AP, Revenue and Expense Accounting functions.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly and year-end close processes and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Lead the audit process with external auditors - including financial statement drafting, day-to-day coordination of audit work and overall relationship with the audit firm and team.
- Work with cross functional business teams such as Product, Talent Partnerships, Business Development, Legal, etc. to assist with decision making related to Technical Accounting, Tax, SOX compliance and other related topics.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, updating the design and scope of controls as the business evolves to maintain the integrity of financial reporting.
- Assist with the company's monthly/annual budgeting and forecasting process.
What you should have:
- A CPA with 4+ years of Big 4 public accounting and/or industry experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Manager in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Have a “bias-for-action” and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Experience hiring, developing and mentoring talent as well as managing small to medium sized teams
- Exceptional organization skills & ability to manage multiple project simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for thinking outside the box to tackle complex problems
- Demonstrated strength leveraging data and qualitative insights to drive decision making
- Operate with high emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.