Software Architect - Production Technology (Pipeline)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond (Mary Meeker), Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber and many more.
We are looking for a Software Architect - Production Technology who is curious about the future of NFTs and how Avatars will serve as our digital identities and interest in scaling the flow of 3D content as digital goods - from creation to minting - and beyond to the crypto marketplace and wherever digital avatars go. This is an opportunity to apply your knowledge of software and pipeline architecture to the next generation of virtual self expression and economies of digital assets and break new ground as we explore the decentralized metaverse.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Architect clean, extensible, usable software and systems with open standards and portability
- Leverage the latest platform, computing, and infrastructure technologies with a services approach
- Design workflows, dataflows, data layout, access, replication, and backup policy
- Requirements gathering, interviewing stakeholders
- Package and deploy software, scripts, and configuration
- Automate validation, testing, and building of content
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across multiple teams
What You Should Have:
- Solid foundation in system design and software architecture
- Proven record of building and scaling digital content pipelines
- Experience with cloud services and infrastructure
- Competence with authentication and integrating APIs
- Working knowledge of containers and virtualization
- Experience with Ftrack or other production tracking systems
- Experience with with Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with 3D scene description standards and file formats
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.