QA Automation Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond (Mary Meeker), Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber and many more.
Genies is looking for a passionate and experienced QA Automation Engineer, you will be working with a high-performing development team that is building software of exceptional quality. The ideal candidate has the ability to thrive in an agile software development lifecycle and perform in a hands-on, focused, productive and team-oriented environment. As a core member of our Automation team, your focus will be building and maintaining our automated regression and testing suite. You will own major features, through inception, design, implementation and launch, working closely with product and engineering disciplines across the company. You will be expected to help teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for quality while assisting teams with software testing practices. The ideal candidate has experience in both manual and automated testing with mobile games and/ or consumer applications.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Using tools like Cypress.io you will be responsible for following best practices for adding needed plug-ins, creating custom commands for authentication, setting up third party visual testing, code coverage, API testing, etc.
- Create, refactor and implement automated tests using automation tool (like Cypress.io) test runner for the Marketplace and CMS
- Work with Engineers to port the existing end-to-end tests to Cypress.io and ensure the tests are stable, flake-free, and fast
- Investigate E2E test failures using Cypress Dashboard
- Work with the web team to make sure they have solid comprehensive tests for each new and evolving feature
- Experience using authentication tools like basic Auth, cookies, etc.
- Write Node.JS and React.JS code as needed
- Set up, implement and configure CI/CD pipeline
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Cypress
- 2+ years of experience in software testing and automation
- Comprehensive testing and automation experience
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up recommendations and drive decisions
- Experience working with tools like Jira, Testrail, Postman, SwaggerHub
- Experience with Node and React JS
- Knowledge in load and performance testing for mobile and web apps
- Knowledge of AWS device farm
- Mobile Automation Experience - Appium
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.