Mobile Engineer (Unity)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond (Mary Meeker), Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber and many more.
We are looking for a Mobile Application Software Engineer (3D Content and Graphics Focus) with interest in performant, responsive display of 3D content as digital goods and highly configurable digital avatars. Apply your knowledge of native mobile application development best practices to the next generation of virtual self expression and economies of digital assets. Break new ground as we explore the decentralized metaverse. The ideal candidate is comfortable with native iOS and Android frameworks, as well as higher-level cross-platform frameworks such as React Native or Unity.
What You Will be Doing:
- Write high-quality, well-designed, testable code within the timelines you help estimate
- Optimize data and algorithms for speed, network transport, memory, storage, and latency
- Architect clean, extensible software and systems with open standards and portability
- Design strategies for the optimal delivery, display, and caching of content
- Integrate backend services and APIs
- Collaborate closely with engineering team, as well as art, design and business teams
What You Should Have:
- 3+ years experience with native mobile application development
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, testing frameworks
- Concurrent programming knowledge
- Experience with Unity or Unreal, WebGL
- Knowledge of best practices for UX and UI
- Familiarity with 3D scene description standards and compression techniques
- Familiarity with image / video compression and file formats
- Experience with mobile graphics subsystems, compositing layers
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.