This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and API partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond Capital (Mary Meeker), Bob Iger, Michael Lynton, Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, monetization, and self-expression. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber, Paris Hilton, Amanda Nunes, J.Balvin and many more.
Genies is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Backend Engineer to help contribute to the current and future growth of our technology platform. As a Senior Backend Engineer here at Genies you will help play a vital role in solving complex technical challenges that Genies backend services encounter while we scale and grow our product suite, and also play an integral part in the growth of our engineering organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop backend microservices and systems supporting mobile and web applications
- Automate, test, and deploy well-designed infrastructure, code, and services at scale
- Profile and optimize for load, latency, reliability, availability, fault tolerance
- Apply best practices in all aspects of web application development including security, testability, release management, live ops
- Collaborate with product and engineering to gather requirements and refine backlog
- Collaborate with team members on architectural designs and code reviews
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related and 3+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Development experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in developing, designing and working with Rest APIs, distributed NoSQL and relational databases, caching systems, event-driven and multi-tier architectures
- Expertise in applying software patterns and Microservices patterns
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices and cost-effective cloud architecture
- Familiarity with CI/CD, infrastructure as code
- Self-starter, analytical, creative, highly motivated with an innovative spirit
- Excellent communication skills
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.