Lighting Technical Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and API partnerships. With investors such as NEA (Rick Yang), Bond Capital (Mary Meeker), Bob Iger, Michael Lynton, Breyer Capital, CAA, Tull Investment Group, NetEase, Coinbase Ventures and Dapper Labs, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, monetization, and self-expression. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber, Paris Hilton, Amanda Nunes, J.Balvin and many more.
Genies is looking for a Lighting Technical Director. The ideal candidate will be working on production as well as writing tools and defining processes to support the lighting team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Creating tools for the team using Python to maximize the department’s efficiency
- Working with the pipeline TDs to create a solid pipeline over time
- Within Marmoset, Unreal, or Maya: Create and design the lighting and the look of characters for shots while meeting the production schedule
- Within Nuke: assemble full CG scenes combining render passes to achieve a clean and attractive look. Utilize the 2D and/or 3D capabilities of the software depending on the task and time allocated
- Optimizing setups for rendering
- Performing creative lighting development setup as required using lighting and compositing tools
- Troubleshooting work in support of shot lighting using various production tools
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of experience with Maya, Nuke, and Python
- Basic photography knowledge (depth of field, layer separation, etc.), have a solid grasp of compositing in a CG pipeline and utilizing the best tool for the situation, while being familiar with render passes (including cryptomattes), alembic files, and EXR
- An understanding of building and troubleshooting shaders and shader networks.
- Experience compositing render passes generated from V-Ray, Redshift, etc
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.