Lead Economy Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for an experienced, creative, and versatile Lead Economy Designer to help us break new ground in game-making by launching high-quality blockchain games for the mass market.
With support from the Product and Game Design leadership, your role will be responsible for managing all economic aspects of the product. You design and maintain the economy of the product alongside intersecting progression and reward systems. You are responsible for creating and pricing goods sold within the storefront as well as overseeing the health of peer-to-peer marketplaces. You identify, understand and create the motivational drivers in the context of the economy and provide data-informed design recommendations.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression.
- Apply strong knowledge of macro and behavioural economics to create the in-game economy and it’s monetary lifecycle (production, sinks, inflation).
- Define the virtual products (relation, life cycle, availability).
- Foster creative and scalable design solutions, improving the enjoyment of the players, quality of the product, and efficiency of the team.
- Work collaboratively with Producers, Product Managers, Designers, Artists, Engineers, and cross-functional teams to facilitate well planned and executed features.
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision.
- Build Blockchain mobile, PC & web games that the world loves to play.
- Be a constant student of evolving blockchain game economies, emerging player behaviour and trends, and champion these insights to improve the effectiveness of economic design efforts.
A little about you:
- 8+ years of Financial Market experience and/or Game Design experience in PC, Web & Mobile free-to-play games.
- 3+ years of supervisory, leadership or team management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to organized game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support.
- An ability to embrace an environment that iterates constantly.
- Capable of wrapping your head around the challenges and opportunities inherent in blockchain technology.
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems.
- Strong exposure and confidence in identifying and analyzing KPIs then providing action items to ensure the sustainability of your game from a revenue and growth perspective.
- Pride in creating a high-quality, addictive and social game feature-sets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, finance, math, or psychology.
- Spreadsheet wizardry.
- Experience with Sport Games a plus.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The NFT Company