Senior API Engineer – Security Hardening, Bots, Scalability
Dapper Labs is at an inflection point in our journey and it might be the perfect time for you to join us. Less than 6 months ago we launched NBA Top Shot on the new Flow blockchain and it is already on track to be the fastest-growing marketplace in history. Over $200 million in sales in the past 30 days and nearly 300k active users driven by organic growth. We're now profitable and need to scale our systems to handle the demand!
We have three systems that need performance optimization and scalability:
- NBA Top Shot: digital asset creation, marketplace trading, integration with mobile game
- Dapper Wallet: payments, identity, fraud protection, KYC/AML
- Flow blockchain: distributed systems, networking, latency
Most of our backend systems are in Go, frontends in React. We are open to awesome engineers across a variety of specialties but in particular would love to talk to engineers with consumer API hardening and protection experience. The Top Shot and Dapper APIs are constantly being bombarded by increasingly sophisticated bots and fraudsters. The ideal candidates for this role have worked on high-value targets before – e-commerce gateways, web poker, crypto – and know what to expect.
We believe in an open digital future: one where people own the assets they pay for and have full transparency into the software they're using. We believe users should have the choice to leave apps without leaving the underlying network, and that the users and developers that constitute a network should benefit directly from the value they're helping create. Crypto, or blockchain, is the technology that enables this future. Blockchains are public computers that anyone can access, everyone can trust, and no-one can block or take down. Currencies and collectibles are only scratching the surface of what's possible.
Titles or years of experience don't matter to us – impact, authenticity, and values alignment do. We are now a remote-first team but mostly on PST so time zone alignment helps too :)
Our ideal candidate:
- Quickly gains proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages
- Is able to unblock colleagues when they are faced with technical challenges
- Is a strong communicator who can collaborate well with other non-technical functions (e.g. Product & Design)
- Has the courage to try out new tools, fail fast, and dive into unknowns to solve new and challenging problems
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Developed decentralized applications, infrastructure, or interacting with blockchains
- Understand the deployment process, and is comfortable with docker, containers, and kubernetes
- Familiar with event driven architectures, Kafka, and comfortable with eventual consistency
- Have a strong understanding of application and API security
- Have expertise in payments
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The NFT Company