Principal Engineer / Lead (Core Protocol)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dapper Labs is the creator of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain and cryptocurrency designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Flow is currently fully functional and operating in mainnet, powered by hundreds of nodes distributed around the world, and running several consumer applications including NBA Top Shot. However Flow is a new architecture, and as such there is a long list of known areas of improvement and optimization in the protocol, as well as several open research problems that are keeping our university partners busy.
About the role:
- Join an experienced team of humble engineers and architects in a player-coach technical leadership role.
- Accelerate the growth of our best people, providing mentorship to senior engineers from your direct experience as well as building internal processes so team members help each other grow.
- Prioritize and strategize on solving the most critical issues that arise within the Flow protocol, responding to what we learn from our own experiences and those of our community.
- Work with the Flow leadership team to operationalize a complex technical roadmap into components that can be tackled independently by empowered teams, parallelizing effort wherever possible (everything from our in-production node software to tackling research problems on the horizon).
- [Optional] Engage the Flow community – especially our ecosystem of open source contributors and developer tools-makers – to make sure Flow nurtures the best ecosystem for consumer application developers.
Flow is a new smart contract blockchain built from the ground up for performance and developer experience – without compromising on decentralization. Instead of networks like Ethereum, where every node in the network performs the same work equally, the Flow architecture allows nodes to specialize based on their hardware capacity as well as their financial stake – dramatically increasing performance while maintaining wide participation.
Compared to sharding, the Flow architecture means the separation of labor between nodes is vertical (across the different validation stages for each transaction) rather than horizontal (across different transactions). In other words, every node still participates in the validation of every transaction, but they do so only at one of the stages of validation. The result is that Flow is the first decentralized network that can maintain a developer friendly, ACID-compliant execution environment at scale. This is critical for composability: https://a16z.com/2018/12/16/4-eras-of-blockchain-computing-degrees-of-composability
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flow is a new blockchain built for the next generation of apps, games, and the digital assets that power them.