Engineering Manager (Dapper Collectives)
Our Engineering Managers, who work closely with Dapper Collectives Director of Technology, manage and oversee the design and development of all our software applications. You are directing the work of our software engineers to ensure best practices around our software development. In your role as a true first-level manager, you ensure that projects, department milestones and goals are met and are adhering to approved deadlines. Your extensive knowledge of all department processes will give you a unique perspective to work with and within our team.
- Responsible for assigned software development projects.
- Create task lists together with the Director of Technology and key software engineers.
- Assign tasks to developers and - as needed - to vendors.
- Track development and project progress.
- Take notes and update online channels, and schedules.
- Set up and run remote meetings as needed.
Knowledge, skills, experience, and strengths:
- Forward-thinking to avoid pitfalls and bottlenecks with projects.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to keep software engineers and department supervisors on track.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Work with the department leadership team and clearly flag any potential issues around projects.
- 5 years of experience as a contributor to a team required.
- 3 years of experience as a project manager or supervisor a must-have.
- VFX, Post, Real-Time, or Gaming based production experience with a focus on technology a huge plus.
- Airtable and Shotgun experience preferred.
What success looks like:
- Early spotting of any scheduling issues or other pitfalls with projects.
- On-time delivery of work by internal software development teams.
- Testing of internal software before a rollout.
- Up to date information in Brud’s project tracking systems.
- Up to date information in online channels and scheduling systems.
- Clear communication with software engineers and department leadership.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Releasing tools to allow creators of all kinds to build their own DAO communities