Dapper Labs is at an inflection point in our journey and it might be the perfect time for you to join us. Less than 6 months ago we launched NBA Top Shot on the new Flow blockchain and it is already on track to be the fastest-growing marketplace in history. Over $200 million in sales in the past 30 days and counting – we need to scale our systems to handle the demand!
We're looking for product-minded data engineers to build out our fraud protection team. You'll join a small team that's scaling rapidly and build sustainable foundations for the future.
Our data pipeline currently include Segment and Tableau. Most of our backend systems are in Go, frontends in React. We use vanilla postgres as well as Kafka event-driven architecture in NBA Top Shot. This is an opportunity to help define the company's data strategy, while laser focused on enabling the organization to make data-driven decisions by unlocking the distribution, collection, and tooling of data.
We believe in an open digital future: one where people own the assets they pay for and have full transparency into the software they're using. We believe users should have the choice to leave apps without leaving the underlying network, and that the users and developers that constitute a network should benefit directly from the value they're helping create. Crypto, or blockchain, is the technology that enables this future. Blockchains are public computers that anyone can access, everyone can trust, and no-one can block or take down. Currencies and collectibles are only scratching the surface of what's possible.
Titles or years of experience don't matter to us – impact, authenticity, and values alignment do. We are now a remote-first team and open to hiring anywhere in the world.
What We’ll Accomplish Together:
- Design, build and deploy pipelines to ingest data from multiple sources.
- Transform cleansed data into data marts that are consumed by end-users from across the business.
- Manage and provision infrastructure related to the training and execution of ML models and other recurring data tasks.
- Implement tests, monitoring solutions, and integrity checks to ensure data pipelines are operating as expected.
- Investigate and debug problems with data ingestion and inconsistencies between data sources.
- Conduct requirements gathering, scoping, and estimation exercises around new data and feature requests.
- You have a strong coding ability, especially in Python and SQL (bonus points for Go and JS).
- You have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and git workflows.
- You are comfortable working with containerized applications and have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and GCP.
- You have experience working with data engineering tools such as airflow, dbt etc.
- You are well versed with relational databases and other data stores/sources such as pub/sub systems and caching solutions.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- You have prior experience building out data pipelines from scratch or working on a rapidly scaling data platform.
- Familiarity with devops concepts and tools such as Minikube and Terraform.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The NFT Company